Hi! I’m Dr. P.
I’m a licensed psychologist and a lifelong learner! It’s been 20 years since I began my journey through the field of psychology, and it’s been filled with so many rewarding experiences.
My quest for knowledge and helping others has taken me down some interesting paths:
- Biomedical research in Guatemala to explore the effects of nutrition on high blood pressure
- Studying factors to increase Black student achievement and retention in science careers
- Analyzing racial differences in depression symptoms and coping skills
- Completing a PhD in Clinical and Community Psychology
- Increasing access to mental health access in VA Primary Care clinics
- Adapting therapy to balance the unique needs of culturally diverse clients AND best practices that help people feel better faster
- Advanced training in ADHD, mindfulness, & integrative health interventions
- Helping clients navigate social connections in the digital era
My range of experiences gives me a unique understanding of the way that culture and our surroundings impact our personal actions and life choices.
My background as a researcher is the foundation for how I work as a therapist.
I gather relevant information, pay attention to trends, consider best practices, and suggest coping strategies based on your specific situation.
I’m more than just a great listener— I ask the right kinds of questions that can help you find the answers you need to move forward.
You are in the driver’s seat of your life. I can help you develop a better roadmap to get to your next destination.
Working with me will allow you to leverage my knowledge and expertise as a psychologist so that you can feel better and get the support that you need during a difficult time.
If you are interested in working with Dr. Pollard around professional or clinical consultation, please contact her office via email at email@example.com
Licensure & Certifications
- Licensure: Georgia Psychologist #PSY003858 and Maryland Psychologist #05669
- Registered Out-of-State Telehealth Provider: Florida #489
- PSYPACT E. Passport: Mobility Certification #6576- allows for clients in District in Columbia
Education & Training
- Postdoctoral Fellowship in Evidence-Based Treatment, Memphis VA Medical Center
- Ph.D. in Human Services Psychology (Clinical-Community), University of Maryland, Baltimore County
- B.A. in Psychology, Emory University